Recognition and testing
Here’s an eloquent evidence of yachtsmen's trust: Fountaine Pajot announced plans to build the Astrea when it very quickly received 150 bids for the purchase of this sailing cat.
The editor of the Cruising World, famous yachtsman Herb McCormick was one of the first to test the most sought-after cruising catamaran.
- I liked the layout of the elevated control station, with the space divided between two working areas. Ahead are all the controls for the sails - sheets with a bag for ropes, epaulettes of the boom-sheet and Lewmar winches, including an electric winch for the mainsail. Behind the aisle is a helm station with a helm and double seat, full Garmin electronics, autopilot, engine management systems and even buttons to control the Quick windlass, - writes Herb McCormick .
Reliable and comfortable
The yachtsman and journalist also noted the advantages of the Astrea 42 manufacturing technology, ensuring its reliability at sea and comfort on board:
- hulls are manufactured by vacuum infusion using a balsa core in the upper part of the sides to a level just below the waterline;
- polyurethane foam deck installed by injection;
- Alpi wood is used for furniture and decoration .
- small fins, which improve propulsion and stability, are not screwed, but glued into the hull, which prevents the hulls from breaking during grounding;
- engine compartments are very spacious, with good access to all systems.
Astréa 42 cruising catamaran is a finely calculated balance between the ability to communicate with those present and the respect for privacy.
The cockpit, saloon and helm station are interconnected, allowing all crew members and guests to communicate with ease. The helm seat can accommodate 2-3 people at once. Steps from the helm station lead directly into the cockpit. All of these seating and driving areas are flooded with natural light and provide excellent panoramic views.
The Astréa 42 is available in a Maestro version, which includes a luxurious owner's cabin and bathroom, as well as two double cabins and two bathrooms, or a Quatuor version, equipped with 4 double cabins and 4 bathrooms.
Features of Fountaine Pajot Astrea 42
Sailing Catamaran Astrea 42 | 2019 | Fountaine Pajot
Aesthetically pleasing quick review of Astrea 42
Astréa 42: the ultimate cruising catamaran | By Fountaine Pajot
Official showcase video on Fountaine Pajot YouTube channel
Fountaine Pajot Astrea 42 Catamaran Tour 2021 | Our Search For The Perfect Catamaran
Lengthy and very detailed review of Astrea 42 catamaran
Fountaine Pajot Astrea 42 Catamaran Walk-Through by Catamaran Guru
Walkthrough of Astrea by Catamaran Guru
Price calculator of Fountaine Pajot Astrea 42 in EUR
Boat Review: Fountaine Pajot Astrea 42 by Sail Magazine
Boat Review: Fountaine Pajot Astrea 42 by Cruising World
BOAT REVIEW - Fountaine Pajot Astrea 42 by Boating New Zealand
FOUNTAINE PAJOT ASTREA 42 REVIEW | BOAT GOLD COAST MAGAZINE - SIMPLY PURRFECT by Mutihull Solutions
FONTAINE PAJOT ASTREA 42: A COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW by Sailing Ruby Rose