The body is white with a blue top. Ready-to-use diameter is 86 cm, weight is 15.5 kg. Suitable for yachts above average size or for boat owners in areas with strong tides and rough seas.
Fenders are placed between the ship's hull and other surfaces and in this way isolate the ship's side coating from contacts and damage. Heavy seas create a threat of impacts or friction against the walls of the pier, and the inertia of the movement can lead to a collision with another vessel.
Therefore, many people buy pear-shaped fenders to have on board to provide more safe distance and reliable protection when needed. Most often fenders are attached at the bow or stern, or kept ready for emergencies such as unknown mooring conditions or for unusual maneuver.
The larger and heavier the boat, the more reliable devices are required to protect its parts. In different maritime situations, a ship requires different protection options:
- when maneuvering during side-on berthing or rafting-up with neighboring vessel, pear-shaped inflatable fenders are attached to the contact side of the vessel; or to both sides, if the marina has a complicated logistical situation;
- when passing a narrow, usually ancient lock, both sides should be secured, and depending on the passage conditions, also the bow and stern;
- during maneuvers while mooring stern-to - the fenders are mounted on the transom, and in case of strong waves and a large number of vessels nearby - on the sides;
- when mooring bow-to - pear-shaped inflatable fenders are attached closer to the stem, cylindrical fender can be placed on the sides;
- when mooring bow-to and stern-to in the corner of the pier - pear-shaped inflatable fenders are attached at the stem. If the region is characterized by tidal waves and rip currents, the same protection can be provided to the stern, and the sides, again, can be protected by cylindrical fenders.
In all these cases, the A6 series Polyform fenders are ideal. Pear-shaped inflatable fenders are made from a polymer that will endure all the rigors of marine active use.
Harsh workloads set the bar high for manufacturers and Polyform U.S. is known for their signature blue reinforced eye and rugged, durable construction, they set the standard for boat buoys and fenders.