The lightweight and low-profile design of the Boomstrut incorporates two flexible coated fiberglass rods that serve as the driving force to support the boom. When the boom is pulled down using a conventional kicker, the Boomstrut flexes upward, and upon release, the rods straighten, effectively lifting and supporting the boom. The kit, designed as a complementary addition to the existing vang, comes complete with the following components:
- Two coated flexible fiberglass rods, providing the necessary counterpressure to support the boom and mainsail.
- High-quality Spectro anodized aluminum mast and boom fittings.
- Stainless steel fastenings. Furthermore, the Boomstrut requires no regular maintenance. It has been carefully constructed to eliminate sharp edges, preventing damage to the sails.
The Boomstrut offers several benefits, including:
- Continuous support of the boom in all conditions.
- Mitigation of accidents caused by improperly set or adjusted topping lifts.
- Enhanced safety during sail handling in adverse weather or when sailing with limited crew (e.g., reefing, raising, or lowering the mainsail).
- Lightweight design that reduces windage aloft.
- Immediate and smooth response without the need for constant adjustments.
- Elimination of the need for a topping lift, as it serves as an additional mainsail halyard.
- Compatibility with various types of mast and boom extrusions, and easy customization through simple cutting with a fine-toothed hacksaw.
No posts found